If you want an exciting job working as a Retail Associate join us at Threshold Residential Services, Inc. Are you an outgoing, upbeat, people-person with great organizational skills? Would you thrive in a high-energy environment where employees work together to complete the job? Is it important to you to make a difference in the community where you live and work? If you answered yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you. The Retail Associate is important to the success of the East Palestine Corner Store, at the front end of Threshold’s community relations.
The Retail Associate is a part-time position and will work 8 AM to 4 PM on Thursday and Friday each week. Opportunities to pick up shifts other days during the week may present themselves.
You’ll be responsible for greeting and assisting customers, maintaining a neat, organized, and clean sales floor, and supporting the management team with day-to-day store operations. The Retail Associate will have the following responsibilities:
*Assisting customers in locating merchandise when needed
*Assisting in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
*Assisting in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise
*Performing other tasks as assigned by the Habitation Manager
Physical requirements may include the ability to lift and move furniture weighing 50 lbs. or more and the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.50 – $13.50 per hour
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Essential functions, duties & responsibilities:
- Assist the Store Manager with all duties as assigned
- Maintain a friendly personality with all customers
- Exhibit quality customer service
- Assist customers in locating goods in store
- Clean donated items
- Maintain organization of retail floor space and additional work areas
- Keep inventory stocked in the store
- Communicate effectively with the Store Manager and other employees involved with the operations of the Corner Store
- Keep accurate records of the transactions and donations
- Coordinate pickups/drop offs with Day Program employees
- Assist with sales at the Bus Garage
- Organization of products at the Bus Garage
- Utilize dolly to move furniture or lift heavy objects
- Shop for goods at online auctions
- Picks up additional working days, as needed to operate the Corner Store
- Completes incident reports and other reports as required by agency procedures. Reports all incidents and concerns to the appropriate supervisory and on-call staff per agency procedures
- Follows agency protocols regarding confidentiality of information related to individuals served, coworkers and agency business
- Acts as a role model for individuals served, and demonstrates a positive image of the agency and individuals served to ensure community inclusion and engagement
- Monitors for Major Unusual Incidents (MUI’s) and Usual Incidents (UI’s) and takes immediate action to ensure health, safety and welfare of the individuals being supported. Reports all MUI’s/UI’s properly as required by TRS Policy PROG 1.3
Qualifications and specific job requirements:
- Must have High School Diploma or G. E. D.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have and maintain current driver’s license and driving record according to insurance and regulatory requirements
- Must possess basic skills for following written and verbal instructions, and for communicating client and job-related issues orally and in writing
- Must adhere to all HIPAA Regulations at all times
- Must have proficient skills for using a cash register and a computer
- Must be friendly, professional, patient, and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Adheres to all local, state and federal laws and TRS Policies and Procedures
- Completes all other duties as assigned by team members higher on the Table of Organization, including participation in meetings and trainings as required
- May be exposed to challenging behaviors which may cause injury and require intervention techniques
- May be exposed to infectious disease
- May be exposed to chemicals commonly found in office, residential or workshop environment such as toner, cleaning substances, oil, etc.
Sitting: 1 hour per 8 hour work shift. Standing: 5 hours in an 8 hour work shift. Walking: 2 hours in an 8 hour work shift. Alternates frequently between sitting, standing and walking.